Live Caricatures for Your Event and Party
- Flat rate of $100 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. We can draw caricatures in four styles: Black and white faces, Color faces, Black and white full bodies and Color full bodies.
- We will draw anywhere, however, there may be a travel fee for outside the Flagstaff area.
- When you book an artist, they will stay for the length of the agreed time, and longer if you want them to keep drawing!
- Artists have everything they need to show up and start drawing your guests.
Commissioned Caricatures from Photos
- We can draw family and friends from a good photo! Prices are $30 per person, any style. We can put multiple people in the same drawing.
- Contact us to start a caricature from a photo, and get the finished drawing either physically mailed to you or delivered electronically.
- Meet a caricature artist online and get drawn live! Pricing is $75 per hour, no pro-rating. Your finished drawings can either be physically mailed to you, or delivered electronically.
- Contact us to schedule a time to be drawn online!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
How can I pay?
We accept Venmo, Zelle, cash, check and credit cards. Note: There is a 4% service fee for credit cards.
How does it work?
Once our basic contract is signed between you and Caricature Company, and a deposit is paid, you will get either a call, text or email (your choice) the day before your event to confirm everything is still good to go. Then, your artist(s) will arrive up to 30 minutes before your event to set up and be ready to draw your guests as soon as the party starts. The artist(s) will draw for the allotted time period, and if you decide you want them to stay longer, they will keep drawing! They bring all their own supplies, so you don’t need to worry about anything! Your guest get their caricatures drawn and can take them home!
What do I need to provide?
We ask that the artist can be in a quieter location, away from loud music. We like to be able to talk with the guests as we draw them. We will need access to a power plug (in case we need to use our lights to see our easel and the guests) and if you can provide three chairs, that would be great. If you don’t have three chairs, we will bring our own. Lastly, we ask that the artists be in a non-smoking area.
Do my guests need to pay for their drawings?
Your guests do not need to pay the artists at all. You have paid the fee for the artist and their supplies, so the drawings are free for your guests!
Can the artist accept tips?
Your artist loves to get tips from happy guests, but it isn’t required. If you don’t want the artist to accept tips, it must be agreed upon before signing the contract.
Can I book more than one artist for my large event?
Yes! We can provide multiple artists for large events. They are $100 each per hour with a two hour minimum. We recommend one artist per 15 guests per hour. (For example, if you have about 200 guests and want caricatures for 4 hours, we would recommend three artists. Three artists could draw about 45 people an hour, that’s about 180 people in 4 hours.)
What happens if the party is still going and it is time for the artist to leave? Can they stay longer and keep drawing?
All artists leave extra time in case they need to keep drawing at your event. To be completely honest- most of the time parties want our artists to stay longer. People love getting their caricatures drawn, so a line usually ends up forming. It is not mandatory for you to extend the drawing time though, if you want the caricature artist to leave at the end of the set time, we highly suggest you help “cut the line short” so you don’t have a lot of unhappy guests waiting who don’t get a caricature. We charge $100 per hour, or part thereof, so if your artist stays drawing for an additional 90 minutes, it will be an extra $200 payable immediately. The artist can’t leave until payment is confirmed.
What if a guest doesn’t like their caricature?
There is the old adage- “You can’t please all the people all of the time.” Occasionally, a guest doesn’t like their caricature, it happens. There is no pressure for them to keep it. While we don’t give refunds for an unhappy guest, we can certainly offer to draw them again. However, our artists are really good, so unhappy guests are very, very rare.